Frequently asked questions
Often it is comparable topics that strongly interest our guests. Therefore, we have collected questions here for you that are frequently addressed to us. Perhaps you will find information that is also relevant for you.
In Arosa, an incredible number of enriching outdoor activities can be undertaken all year round. Look forward to enchanting unspoilt nature - in every season!
- "Family Destination" seal of quality
- Advantageous mountain summer with the Arosa Card - the guest card for free mountain railway rides, free admissions and much more.
- The skiing area Arosa Lenzerheide can be counted among the world's top winter sports destinations
The Waldhotel Arosa is open for the winter and summer season. The time of the mid-season is used to continuously reload the high-quality pampering program.
- The 2023 summer season runs from June 16 to October 15, 2023.
- The fall season 2023 runs from 16 November to 04 Dezember, 2023.
- The winter season 2022/23 runs from November 25, 2022 to April 10, 2023
Most people visit us with their own car. But there are also good train connections - for the environmentally conscious and those seeking deceleration! Some particularly sporty guests have even come to us by bike! In short: depending on taste.
- Trains leave every hour from Zurich to Chur. Afterwards, the Rhaetian Railway will take you to Arosa in about 60 minutes. From the train station there, our free Waldhotel bus transfer (on request!) will take you to the hotel. To the train connections.
- Car: Virtually all roads lead to Chur! Via freeway you drive to Chur. From there it is about 40 minutes to Arosa. A3 coming from Zurich: exit Chur Nord. Coming from the south: Exit Chur Süd.
- At 1,775 meters above sea level (healthy high mountain climate!)
- Surrounded by fir forests, nestled in the imposing mountain world of the Grisons Alps
- Picturesque landscape of the Schanfigg valley
- 2 mountain railroads in the immediate vicinity: Ski-In/Ski-Out in winter, Bike-In/Bike-Out in summer!
- Many hours of sunshine in this corner of Graubünden
- Trick of the trade: central, but very quiet - 300 meters to the village center as well as to the train station
- Traffic-calmed with full mobility guarantee
- Connection of the Alpenpark Arosa to the famous vacation region Lenzerheide via Urdenbahn
- 0 Jahre | Summer CHF 0,-
- 1 year | Summer CHF 10,-
- 2 years | Summer CHF 20,-
- 3 years | Summer CHF 30,-
- 4 years | Summer CHF 40,-
- 5 years | Summe CHF 50,--
- 6 years | Summer CHF 60,-
- 7 years | Summer CHF 70,-
- 8 years | Summer CHF 80,-
- 9 years | Summer CHF 90,-
- 10 years | Summer CHF 100,-
- 11 years | Summer CHF 110,-
- 12 years | Summer CHF 120,-
- 13 years | Summer CHF 130,-
- 14 years | Summer CHF 140,-
- 15 years | Summer CHF 150,-
- 16 years | Summer CHF 150,-
- 17 years | Summer CHF 150,-
- 18 years | Summer CHF 150,-
The prices are per child and night, including half-board on the sofa bed in the parents' room.
There are Waldhotel Arosa vouchers here. You can choose these, order them and then print them out yourself.
Yes. The fitness room of the Waldhotel Arosa is equipped with various strength and cardio machines.
There is the Waldhotel Kinder Club and its own children's restaurant and buffet. The creative entertainment offer includes handicrafts, baking, mandalas being painted and the fairy tale path being explored. The current children's program is always waiting at the reception.
Please note that the children's program only takes place during the winter season.
The alpine chic of the 120 rooms and suites fits in with the natural surroundings, the Grisons mountains. Cosiness and high quality are equally important.
- Graubünden stone pine, oak and slate create a warm atmosphere
- Lovingly furnished, equipped with quality materials
- Magnificent views of the surrounding countryside
- Impressive spaciousness
Free yoga: In the winter season you can practice yoga free of charge with competent yoga teachers in the hotel.
Our new wellness area is a 1,800 m² SPA landscape. The Waldhotel SPA invites you to relax with various relaxation worlds. Families relax in the separate family spa.
There is an indoor pool in the form of a 13 meter long swimming pool and a new outdoor pool with a view of the mountains.
Saunas in the Waldhotel Arosa:
- herb room
- Kelo outdoor sauna, classic and Finnish sauna
- steam baths
Swimwear and maybe a good book or magazine to chill in the relaxation area. Everything else - swimming bag, slippers, bathrobe, towels, etc. - will be provided by the hotel.
For decades, the traditional house in the Graubünden health resort of Arosa has known about deeply effective and relaxing treatments for body and soul. First the high mountain climate during the day activities, and then highly professional massages, the deep warmth of the sauna, a beauty treatment or the gently warm feeling in the steam bath in the hotel.
The modern wellness areas of the Waldhotel Arosa also offer a special ambience: lots of natural high mountain wood, precious stone and a panoramic view of the surrounding nature.
Graubünden & Arosa-Lenzerheide
The canton of Graubünden in the Southeastern Switzerland region lies entirely in the Alps, at 1,800 m above sea level. M. The highest elevation is the Piz Bernina (4,049 m above sea level), the lowest point is the Moësa (260 m above sea level), which borders on Ticino. The Waldhotel Arosa is located in the "golden mean" at 1,775 meters.
In order for an active and relaxing holiday with children to be successful, a few things have to be right. From the Waldhotel Arosa you can reach the ski lift valley station or, in summer, the cable car gondola in just a few minutes - if you are traveling with your little ones, you know how much that is worth!
Services for children:
- Waldhotel Kinder Club for children from 3 years: (ball pool, slide, table tennis, billiards, handicrafts etc.)
- Winters opens its own children's restaurant, where the children can optionally eat together. There is also a special children's buffet
- Wellness for the youngsters in the family spa
- Inexpensive children's pass
- Arrangable babysitting
- Family-friendly ski area with ski school and free practice area for children and beginners
- night tobogganing
- and much more
- Arosa bear country
- Theme trails (e.g. Erlenis Squirrel Trail)
- Fire pits & mountain streams
- Creative playgrounds & rope park
- outdoor pools
- Great bike trails
- toboggan run
- Lenzerheide as a worthwhile family excursion destination
- and more
Arosa a very special holiday resort: sunny and windless in the basin, embedded in imposing mountain ranges. Arosa is guaranteed snow, making it a popular winter sports destination. The hotspot is the new, large ski area Arosa Lenzerheide, which is connected by the modern Urdenbahn. In summer, in addition to the numerous recreational opportunities, the wild life of the animals that can be observed is a characteristic component of the region.
Endless. Here are some inspirations:
Highlights in Summer
- Weisshorn summit
- bike park
- squirrel path
- View of 1,000 mountain peaks from the Rothorn
- Toboggan run & rope park Pradaschier
Highlights in Winter
- Heidi & Gigi way
- Ski area connection Arosa Lenzerheide
- Ski school with top teachers
- Lenzerheide snow park
Arosa is 1,800 meters above sea level. M. In winter you definitely need winter tires. Carrying snow chains is an advantage!
Ski holidays in Arosa-Lenzerheide
Ski and snowboard school Arosa for learning to ski: a solid basis and a steep learning curve thanks to lessons from competent experts
Free "honey land" in the ski area: practice area for kids and beginners. Freely accessible exercise area with people mover, ski lift and adventure course
Tobogganing (it is best to contact the hotel with regard to sledge rental. We will inform you about the relevant shops)
Night tobogganing on the Tschuggen
Arosa Bärenland (open on Thursdays in winter)
Fairy tale gondola Arosa: take the Arosa-Weisshorn cable car in the evening and listen to fairy tales about the mountains of Arosa
ice skating and much more
Points of reference for the packing list for the ski holiday:
- Alpine skis, freeride and/or touring skis - depending on what you have in mind
- Ski boots or ski touring boots
- ski poles
- ski helmet
- ski goggles
- Ski jacket, pants and gloves
- Ski backpack (for touring
- Softshell jacket for warm days
- Fleece jacket or sweater
- Ski underwear (possibly made of merino wool)
- ski socks
- hat and headband
- Buff (tube cloth)
Additionally for ski tours:
- back protector
- products to grow
- Avalanche backpack and avalanche transceiver
- thin gloves for the ascent
- Possibly thermos and energy bars
You don't have to bring everything with you. There are plenty of service and rental shops in town!